Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Day Another Dollar

Yeowwwch!

So, the plumbing fiasco ended up costing $733. But it is done and it is paid. The car is going to be $800 when the part comes in. *sigh* They are both being paid with the last of my equity loan.

I received my tax return money and I am now only behind 1 oil payment and one tax bill. Hopefully I can keep paying the credit cards and they will have lower monthly payments and then I will have money to put towards other bills? It's a question because that is my best option at this point...

I spent $40 of the tax return on myself, because I felt that I should get at least something out of it with all the troubles I've had had lately. Here is the list of my loot:
Gosford Park DVD New $9
4 1950's VA CD's and 1 Dion CD $20
Vintage apron $2
Brass candle holder $3
Books: Gulliver's Travels, Ettiquite (sp?) by Emily Post, Treasure Island 1911 printing $5

Quite a nice little haul for the money I must say. I haven't really shopped for myself in a few months so I really don't feel bad about it. Life cannot be all toil and scrimp and save. Sometimes you need a treat to balance it out.

Today I paid up some bills. Some that were looming over my head causing me stress, some that are only every now and again and yet they all fall at the same time. How does that happen? It's irritating.

I am going to dig myself out of this mess. It is going to happen. I've done it before and I will do it again.

Will showed up on my porch as a surprise on Friday. Shawn and I had gone to the diner, where they had no alfredo sauce, and had just gotten back to my house. Will called and asked if I had gotten the flowers he sent me. No, no flowers here. He tells me to check the porch. I look out and there he is, sitting on the porch, with a bouquet of sunflowers. Yet again, Will has amazed me with his kindness. After the week I had he could not let me spend the weekend alone. I love him so much.

We went to the mall on Saturday and he got my hair cut, or as he put it, he got my hair did. He also bought me this amazing Alice in Wonderland print of Alice that looks like a painting on canvas. I had a green tea latte outside the mall with him by a non working fountain. The weather was so perfect. We tried to go to Olive Garden (for alfredo) but they had a 2 hour wait. After driving around a while we ended up at Garfield's. It was terrible, but funny. His fries tasted like Arby's and my pasta sauce I swear was made from Campbell's Tomato Soup. I am not even kidding. I guess pasta was not for me to have!

Sunday we slept too late to go to Chapel, ran around to Circuit City to get a plug to hook up the computer to the TV. It failed. I was so sad to see him go. I cannot wait until we can be together always. The world sparkles so much brighter when we are together. I am going to really push and renew my efforts, because this has gone on long enough. It is also costing me way too much money and sanity to stay here much longer. This city is getting too dangerous.

No comments: