Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ouch?

Happy Earth Day! This morning my cat peed on my "green" grocery bag... Ironic?

I woke up today quite sore in my shoulders and upper back. I guess all this cleaning is catching up to me. It's good to know I'm getting a work out though. Here is a recap of yesterday's actual progress:

Washed the coffee table, Dusted the TV, Put one blanket in the dryer and one away, cleaned up some random items, did the dishes, made this soup:

Cream of Celery Soup
INGREDIENTS:

* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 1/2 cups chopped celery with leaves
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules Mix with some water.
* 4 cups milk
*2 tablespoons Butter to add to soup after milk is in
*A few dashes of Pepper
*A few dashes of Garlic Powder

PREPARATION:
In a 2-quart saucepan over low heat melt butter; add celery and onion and sauté until celery is tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon, and salt until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk gradually, stirring constantly; bring to a boil.
Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Makes 5 cups.

This is really, really good. I think next time I might double the recipe so I can have more! It's a great way to use celery that is getting droopy. Less waste, more yum!

I've noticed that I always have all these grand plans for getting things done. I need to learn that after a 9 hour day at work, I just don't have all that much energy or time left. It's also becoming clear that while I love the results of all this cleaning and doing, I can't wait until I get it all down to the point where it's just lighter cleaning on the weekend. I feel like I have no time for me to relax at this point. It's getting to be exhausting.

This is why someone needs to be home just to take care of the house. I also, for all intents and purposes, consider myself living alone. M is never home for the most part. I don't even have really anyone else to clean up after and this is feeling crazy. I skipped cleaning for a week when the world was collapsing and now it is like there are a million more things to do. I've got to hold on until I can get all the excess left over junk out. Then fix the empty rooms, shut the doors and not think about them.

Today I plan on doing the tables and mowing the lawn. Shower for me and Sachi and that is it! Left overs for dinner. Maybe even watch Gosford Park.

No comments: