Monday, February 21, 2011

The Return

I haven't blogged or written in a very long time. Since being laid off, they only typing I do is in little blurbs on Facebook. I've noticed that my typing abilities have become atrocious. So, I thought to myself, self, you need to type more because in your job search you might have to take a typing test. At the moment you're riding the fail-boat on that skill set. So I've dusted off this old blog and I'm going to put it back to use.

Will started his new job in the warehouse today with his new schedule. We set the alarms to go off early because of the pending snow that decided to never show up. I guess I fell back to sleep, because when I woke up at 6:45 he was gone. I was dreaming about a run down bakery with terrible Christmas babka that I was trying to figure out how to turn into a living room. Yeah, I have no idea where that came from either. I hope he made it to work on time. It looks like the 1-3" of snow might fall tonight instead, so we will have a repeat of this morning tomorrow.

Monday is laundry day, but I'm having trouble getting moving today. I plan to do that as soon as I get done here. I also need to clean up the kitchen. We have left over ham and 15 bean soup from yesterday for dinner, so that's nice and easy. Will gets home at around 3:30 now. So many schedule changes. He was promoted twice last week with 2 different schedules. I need to figure this all out and adjust. Until last Monday he was working second shift and we were eating dinner at midnight. I'm so glad that his hard work was noticed and that he's been hired on full time. We can get health insurance again!

Tomorrow I am going to start looking into applying for a civil service office job. The pay looks good, and it's supposed to come with benefits. I need to start somewhere getting back to work. I might not be able to take the tests for the job until April in Harrisburg, so I might be cutting it close on losing my unemployment benefits before this happens. I wanted to do this sooner, but I was still recovering from the 2 surgeries when the last round of tests was available. I'm smart, organized and a hard worker. I learn quickly, I'm polite and I always try to make improvements. I'm a wonderful worker and someone needs to snatch me up and pay me well. I've been watching The Office on Netflix to help remind me of working in an office. Silly, but it works for me.

Someday I hope to move to Celebration, Florida. Will doesn't want to move into that development, so we may just move nearby. I love their little Victorian cottages, except that they are new construction instead of falling apart old houses. I suppose this is a retirement dream. One thing I do know, I want out of this city and to live in a suburb again. I'm ready for some peace and quiet. I'm so worn down from my noisy neighbors and car alarms and sirens driving by.

No comments: