Monday, March 24, 2008

It's all the small things



Spring has sprung! This picture was taken outside of my work this morning. It was the first sign of spring that I have witnessed. It took me by complete surprise! I cannot wait until warmer weather arrives and I no longer need a big, bulky coat. I'm at a plateau with my weight loss and it becomes more discouraging as the season is changing. But I'm sure that when the time is right it will happen.

I ended up not feeling very well yesterday. A bit queasy and uncomfortable. So not much actually got done. However, I did return about 1/2 of my CD's to where they belonged. I'm hoping to finish that tomorrow. I've been frustrated trying to find them when they have been all scattered about.

I started reading some blogs and websites that I've added to the sidebar that I find to be inspirational. One in particular, Home Sanctuary, has an interesting feature called Small Things. You are given one small task a day to complete. I'm going to try to keep up with it. Today's was to clean the microwave. I did it, and I'm glad that I did because it needed it.

On my way home from work today, all of my gages on the dashboard of my car stopped working. They were all pointing to the bottom! I went immediately to the dealership. Lucky for me they were able to take a look at it right then. They agreed that it would be too dangerous for me to be driving about like that. Somehow the electrical wire that powers the gages had moved and gotten pinched. Completely unexplainable. I'm so relieved that it is fixed and that it only cost me $20!

I found some frozen meatballs in the freezer the other day and I took them out to defrost. So vermicelli and meatballs it was! I haven't had pasta in a while so it was a nice change. There is a bunch left over so I get a night or 2 off cooking and can get caught up on some other things when I get home from work.

Also, I started to store my left over morning coffee in my carafe in the morning. When I got home today I was able to have a nice hot cup of coffee with no waste! Which is good because coffee, as well as all the other groceries, has gotten a bit pricey to be so wasteful with it.

Tomorrow, I absolutely must pay the bills and find my donation slip so I can get my taxes done. I have to make an appointment for next week no matter what!

No comments: