Sunday, March 23, 2008

My First Post!

Happy Easter!

Or as a friend of mine likes to say, "Happy Ham for Jesus Day!". We were at the diner yesterday and realized that all the religious holidays have a serving of ham attached to them. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe Jesus was really fond of pork? If anyone has the answer to this, please tell me!

So, the purpose of this blog is for me to post about my dreams and reaching them. I've found that if I have a written account of what I am trying to accomplish it motivates me to stay on course.

So just what am I trying to accomplish? My end goal is to move to Virginia, get married to Will, and leave the work force to become a happy housewife.

Being a housewife is the only thing I have ever wanted to do since I was a little girl. Unfortunately, it has not been able to happen up to this point. But Will and I are in agreement on this dream and we are working towards it.

A year ago, Will and I met at the New York Comic Con, and it was love at first sight.
Ah, nerds in love! An amazing twist of fate. Someday I'll probably blog this story, but not today.

So, here are my dilemmas. Will is currently going through the divorce issues, working it all out. He has about another 4 months of separation to go through first. Just to let you know, I had nothing to do with this. He was already going through this when we met. I won't go into details, but his marriage was not a good one, things happened that could no longer be forgiven, and they are both happier now and are able to maintain a healthy relationship for their 2 boys. I honestly feel that them being able to work through issues for the good of the children is a priority. The kids come first above all else.

I own a house that I need to sell to move. A year of long distance relationship is a hard road we have traveled, but it has worked so far. It's given us both time to work out ourselves, our issues, and our dreams together. Communication is key. And due to the distance, we have worked on that well.

My house! Is a brick semi Victorian, about 108 years old. Its the right side of the picture. It needs a bit of work done to get it ready for sale. I started on this about a year ago, and I still have a million things to do. I also started purging and packing a year ago. I still have a bit of that left as well. But, I can tell you so far I have gotten rid of about 15 full carloads of stuff to Good Will as well as a UHaul truck of stuff to the dump. I will be clutter free in the future. Clean House has been an inspiration to me.



First posts are always so long! Today's to do list includes:
fix the front door knob
clean the living room
clean the fridge
trash out
laundry
make bed
ready for work items: pack breakfast and lunch, pick out clothes, set coffee, shower
pay bills

That's a lot! And It's already 2:30 and I'm still having coffee!

No comments: